Abby

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cooper

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 17, 2007

More Baby Drama!

Yesterday turned out to be an interesting day. I had a 2:30 appt to go back to the doctor for more tests and they found that I was having contractions. Mild contractions, but still contractions are not what they want at 31 1/2 weeks. So I got a nice wheelchair ride over to L&D and got checked in for observersation. They put me in a laboring type room and hooked me up to some monitors to watch the contractions and the baby's heartbeat. They also gave me an IV of fluids for hydration (guess that is standard) and gave me an injection of a drug to stop the contractions. I was told I could have up to 3 injections before we would have to go to "Plan B." All of this of course on a day where Nathan was traveling from Houston for work! Ha! My lovely mother-in-law kindly came to sit with me...it was greatly appreciated and I know it made my mom feel better knowing Marsha was there. The mild contractions continued for a little while so I got another injection of the drugs. Nathan arrived around 5:30 and then finally around 6:30 I got to go home. I now am taking this drug in the pill form every 6 hours to keep my friend the uterus calm and not contracting. All in all we are fine, it was a good practice run for me to see how things will go when the time really does arrive. Hopefully, we can make it to 36 weeks - which is what this drug is supposed to help with. As for bed rest...well I am not sure yet. I see my doctor again on Tuesday morning and I guess we will come up with a plan then. Until then I'll be sitting around taking it easy.

1 comment:

MereMoore said...

Holy Moly! uhh, can you get your list ready and make sure we are on it!! i was just right down the street and could've come right over at 3 pm! tell that baby girl to calm down-this is so typical of nathan's child-i would swear you were having a boy if i didn't know better!! haha!