Abby

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cooper

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Thursday, July 12, 2007

Play Time!

Well I made it through my first week back at work. It wasn't so bad after all...my mom was here until Wednesday evening keeping Abby and helping with the transition. It was nice to know she was in good hands, but still sad that our little time together was over ... now we are in a new phase. I am so thankful though that I will be able to be home with her on Thursdays and Fridays!

So today we have had lots of fun! We went for a walk this morning and met daddy for lunch at his office and then this afternoon we had a little "play time." Abby is finally getting interested in playing a little so we have been working on "kick the ball!" I guess this is where the teacher in me comes out because I have been reading this book that tells you what skills they should learn each month. This month she will discover her hands and feet, smile/laugh (if she hadn't already - she's advanced) and begin to make more "talking noises" in response to us talking to her. It has been fun! You can really see her concentrating on kicking that ball and moving those arms around ... so funny. She has definitely discovered her hands because last week she started licking her fist like it was a lollipop...the strangest thing...at first I thought she was hungry and then I realized she was just having a little fun...I guess that hand is tasty.
Here are a couple of pictures from our play time today...


We head back to the doctor tomorrow morning for her 2 month check up ... so I'll have to post again and let you know all the details of that tomorrow. Until then...

1 comment:

Amy L. Jackson said...

I can relate about going back to work...It was hard at first, but you do learn to adjust. I was part time at my job until Caroline was almost 5 months old.

It is good that you have Thursdays & Fridays off. Will that be permanant? If so--lucky you! By the way, what are you doing now?

Enjoy your pics of Abby--she is so precious! Cannot wait to see her personality!

Love,
Amy