Abby

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cooper

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Monday, December 3, 2007

Abby: 7 Months Old!

Gosh I have been a bad blogger ... it has been so busy with the holidays! We have been running from one thing to the next - baby showers, birthday parties, holiday parties and gatherings, etc. I am sure you are all having the same issues.

Abby turned 7 months old last Friday! On Thursday I took her to have her picture made with Santa. She actually did really well. I wasn't sure if she would be scared or what her reaction would be. She just sat there on Santa's lap looking up at him with this uncertain look on her face. It was funny! We got a good picture of her smiling though, I went to the mall at the perfect time ... when no one else was there so the picture ladies were very helpful! She did try to pull on his beard - which I thought was funny, but the problem was that Santa's beard was real ... so it probably wasn't that funny to him!


She has really picked up some new tricks lately ... she now eats fruits & veggies. So far she has liked everything so I am happy about that! Abby has always liked to eat so I figured we wouldn't have any trouble with food. Of course, Nathan likes to taste all of the food she eats - so he gives me the scoop on what is nasty and what is good.

I have to tell you one story ... I decided last week I would try to make some carrots for Abby, you know the Domestic Goddess I am! My friend at work had told me how easy it was to make her babies food. So I steamed the carrots, but I knew they had to get really good and soft before I could put them in the food processor. Well it was taking a long time so I decided to go check my email. Well awhile later I smelled burning! I quickly remember THE CARROTS! The water under the basket had evaporated and left a nice black burn on the bottom of the pan. Needless to say it stunk up my whole house! Well the carrots are nice and soft now. Oh did I mention that I don't eat carrots - so I sure wasn't going to give these a taste test myself! So I puree the carrots and they look pretty good - I mean they pretty much look like what Gerber makes. So at dinner that night I decide to give Abby a little - she made the worst face I have ever seen her make ... it was awful! Those carrots must have tasted like burned nasties ... I ended up throwing them out. Do you think this could be considered child abuse? I think I'll stick with Gerber for now!

Here are a few 7 month pictures of our precious sweet Abby!





This was taken at Thanksgiving - 5 Generations!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reminds me of a time you tried to make potato soup and our apartment smelled like burnt milk...please don't hurt that precious child with your creations!!

amy ahrens said...

I cannot believe you gave Abby the carrots! Poor child!