Abby

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers

Cooper

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

2 Weeks Old!

Yesterday was Abby's 2 week doctor visit ... she is doing great. Growing and gaining weight and healthy as can be! I can't believe how quickly the 2 weeks have gone by.

I have learned a thing or two about being a mother ...
1. Don't rush a diaper change - otherwise you may go through several diapers in just a matter of minutes.
2. My baby does not have narcolepsy ... newborns just have the ability to go to sleep at any moment. Odd!
3. Sleep is now a thing of the past ... sad, sad, sad!
4. Leaving the house takes an act of congress! All that stuff you have to take with you!
5. It's all worth it when she wraps her little hand around your finger!

Abby has been a really good baby so far, we are having fun getting to know her and learning about life with a baby.

7 comments:

Noe Family said...

It's so fun to read about or watch new parents because it's hind sight for us now! Trust me, you'll learn a lot more in the next year!! We can't wait to see more pictures. Buster & Andrea

Alexis said...

I'm glad she is doing well! I too learned ALOT about having a child with Graham....mostly by trial and error! But, it is all worth it at the end!

Sarah J. said...

I haven't had a chance to say... Congratulations!! Abby is beautiful! I hope we can meet her one day soon.

It's amazing how much you learn in such a short time. And just when I thought I had all the baby stuff down with Griffin, Brooks came along and threw me for a loop. It's really crazy how different every baby is. But I love knowing that God chose me to be their mom. Just like He chose you and Nate for Abby... I know you will both do an excellent job!!

Love,
Sarah

Unknown said...

Love the Pics - she is beautiful and I can see the "Graham" in her looks (hope that's a compliment!). It is exciting hearing about her changes - keep those pics coming. You guys did a good job!! Look forward to seeing you all and meeting Abby - may not be until T-Day but we'll see how timing works out here on the left coast.
Lots of Love,
Abby's GGAunt Donna and GGUncle George

heather said...

Glad to hear you guys are doing well. I've concluded that parenthood is a never-ending learning experience, it just changes as your child grows. We'll have to get together sometime soon-- whenever you're ready-- so I can see that precious girl again!

Amy Pennington said...

oh I am so happy to hear you are doing well! The sleeping thing it is sad to say good bye, but sometime in the next few years it will pop back into your life again! 2 weeks...wow times has flown by!

Amy L. Jackson said...

Nate & Lindsey!

She is so beautiful! The time does go by so quickly. Caroline turned 10 months, yesterday. I loved your list of "things I have learned about being a mommy" ...So True!

Take care & much love to you all-
Amy, Josh & Caroline Jackson